Welcome offer – Terms and Conditions
- Welcome bonus qualifications: From now until 31 December 2018, those who become first-time cardholders of the CMBC Shangri-La Platinum Co-brand Credit Card due to the successful application of the CMBC Shangri-La Platinum Co-brand Credit Card, and/or those who become first-time cardholders of the CMBC Shangri-La Elite Platinum Co-brand Credit Card that pay an annual fee, are eligible to receive the welcome bonus after their principal card and supplementary card both meet the respective conditions.
- Applicants who submit a new application for the CMBC Shangri-La Co-brand Credit Card after cancelling their previous cards cannot enjoy the welcome bonus. Cardholders will only enjoy the welcome bonus once.
- The awarded GC Award Points will be credited to the qualified cardholder's Golden Circle membership account, whose status must be in good standing (i.e., not overdue), within three months after the cardholder meets the offer conditions. Once the GC Award Points are credited to the cardholder's account, its validity period and usage shall be subject to the relevant terms and conditions of Shangri-La Golden Circle Programme. Shangri-La Golden Circle reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
- If the cardholder who meets the offer conditions cancels the Co-brand Credit Card before the awarded GC Award Points are credited to the Golden Circle member’s account, he/she cannot enjoy the offer, and cannot claim any compensation from China Minsheng Banking Corp. Ltd.
- The “qualifying transaction” involved in the welcome offer excludes cash advances, transfers, pre-authorization, manual account adjustment, sales returns, installment payments, disputed transactions, online trading, reversed transactions, interest-fees, withheld payments, mobile phone and fixed telephone bill payments, insurance, wholesale transactions, all kinds of zero-discount merchants and a variety of other non-point businesses transactions. Please visit the CMBC Credit Card website for the “List of non-point businesses”. Some credit card transactions are not real-time, so no special handling will be given in such cases.
- This promotion and related matters remain subject to the CMBC Credit Card (Personal Card) Using Agreement, Regulations of CMBC Credit Card, Terms and Conditions of the Golden Circle Programme and other relevant documents.
- The Jade membership upgrade offer is only applicable for the current membership year. The renewal criteria for the next membership year is subject to 10 qualifying stays or 20 qualifying nights in a calendar year.
- The offer is not applicable for Golden Circle Jade membership renewal.
- Standard annual fees for the Platinum Card and the Elite Platinum Card are RMB 600 and RMB 3,600 respectively.
Notice relating to earning GC Award Points
- Expenditure with CMBC Shangri-La Co-brand Credit Card will be automatically converted into GC Award Points in accordance with the bonus points accumulation rules; therefore the Co-brand Credit Card will no longer accumulate the points on CMBC Credit Card.
- Principal and supplementary cardholders accumulate GC Award Points to their respective cards. The proportion of points converted is subjected to the respective card type.
- The GC Award Points converted from expenditure on the CMBC Shangri-La Co-brand Credit Card will automatically be credited into the cardholder’s Golden Circle membership account once every month. The minimum conversion amount is 250 GC Award Points. If there is less than 250 GC Award Points on the conversion date, the GC Award Points earned from the Co-brand Card during the current period will accumulate to the conversion date in next month and will be credited only when there is more than 250 points. China Minsheng Banking Corp. Ltd reserves the right to adjust the credit frequency of GC Award Points.
- The detailed rules for GC Award Points accumulation on the Co-brand Credit Card and the “List of non-point businesses” can be found on the CMBC Credit Card website. Some credit card transactions are not real-time, no special handling will be given in such cases. China Minsheng Banking Crop. Ltd reserves the right to adjust the Points accumulation proportion.
- The scope of application for GC Award Points accrual on qualifying room rates or qualifying spend and on the expenditure at Shangri-La, Kerry and Traders hotels through the Co-brand Credit Card is subject to the decision of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Please refer to the Shangri-La Golden Circle website for definition of “Qualifying Room Rates” or “Qualifying Spend”.
- Once the GC Award Points are credited in the Golden Circle member’s account, the validity and use will be compliant with the Terms and Conditions of the Golden Circle Programme.
Dining Rewards – Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid from 1 December 2012 to 31 December 2018 excluding Father’s Day,
Mother’s Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Cardholders are required to settle their bills with the CMBC Shangri-La Co-brand Credit Card at
the participating restaurants to enjoy the discount. Spending charged to the rooms is not
eligible for this offer. Service charges and government tax are not eligible for the discount.
This offer is valid at all participating hotel restaurants worldwide except at Seventh Son at China World Summit Wing, Beijing, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai and Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen; The Cooper at Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou; Dockyard at Kerry Hotel, Hong Kong; Café Malacca at Hotel Jen Hong Kong; The Rocks Teppanyaki and Harts Pub at Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney; The Act Dubai and Junoon at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai; Momofuku at Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto; Kitsho at Hotel Jen Manila; and Upper Deck at Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila; Diner de Fleurs at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.
The offer is not valid in conjunction with other offers and promotions or with the Food and Beverage GC Redemption Voucher.
- This offer is valid for maximum of 12 diners and can only be enjoyed once on one receipt per restaurant visit. This offer is not applicable for special functions and banquet services.
- Terms and conditions of the Golden Circle Programme apply.
Weekend Package – Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid at qualifying rates for arrivals on Fridays for weekend stays only (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) from 1 December 2012 to 31 December 2014 at all participating hotels in Mainland China, except Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Black-out dates apply. Please quote the promotion rate code "CMBC" for reservation.
- Reservation must be made through www.shangri-la.com, contact Shangri-La Worldwide Reservations number or the hotel directly. Cardholders are required
to settle payment at check-out by using their CMBC Shangri-La Co-brand Credit Card in order to enjoy the offer.
- The free Sunday night must be used during the same stay for the same room category. The complimentary night is non-cumulative and is applicable only once for each stay. Cardholders are entitled to enjoy the same applicable breakfast benefit for the free Sunday night stay.
- Prior reservation is required and the offer is subject to availability at the time of reservation.
- The offer is non-transferable and not valid in conjunction with other offers and promotions.
- Terms and conditions of the Golden Circle Programme apply.